Monday, August 2, 2010

Meal Plan for August 2- August 8


I'm trying to get an early start this week with meal planning, so that I don't have such a busy day on Sunday planning it.  I really needed some inspiration and spent a little longer that I wanted to find what sounded good for the coming weeks menu.  As of right now, we have about 5 gallons of ground beef in the freezer, so I'm trying to think of some good healthy recipes to use it in.  Any suggestions?  Well, here is what I have planned for this week.

Week 1 for August

Monday- Chicken Tortilla Soup with Cheesy Crescent rolls
Tuesday-Grilled Talipia with Brown Rice and Broccoli   Sweet taters and fresh salad
Wednesday-L/O
Thursday-Poor Man's Swiss Steak with Baked Potatoes and Corn
Friday-Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and Homemade Vegetable soup
Saturday-L/O
Sunday- Crockpot (Roast with onion soup gravy?)

Today I did a few things to help with our food budget-made Instant Oatmeal Packets, and Homemade Egg, Ham and Cheese HotPockets (recipe coming soon) for my hubby.  I would really like to have a lot of homemade convenience food on hand to help with saving time and money and I am spending some time lately finding a lot of great ideas!  I hope to post on them soon when I can get some of them made. 

What do you have on hand for convenience to help make your kitchen run a little bit more smoothly?

No comments:

Post a Comment