Thursday, August 20, 2009

Make your own Pouch Sling( similar to a HotSling)

When we were in the Philippines I had to use what is called a pouch sling here in the US, except it was just a table cloth tied in the back. At first, I didn't want to use it because I thought that it looked really uncomfortable, but when my youngest was about 8 months and was not walking yet I decided to try it instead of toting him around and not being able to use my other hand. After the 2nd or 3rd time using it, he basically lived in it until he started walking good( about 14 months). He slept in it, I took him everywhere in it, and he was alot happier too. When we got back to the states, I longed to have the table cloth carrier again. I started doing some searching on google and found instructions for how to make the type of carrier that it was, except it had a bonus ( no uncomfortable knot in my shoulderblade) It took me a total of 5 minutes to sew it too! Here is the link for the video This is how mine turned out I used a heavy weight dark blue material that a friend gave me, and I cut the lining out of a jersey cotton sheet set that I bought at walmurt to use as fabric (it was cheaper to buy this than buying jersey cotton by the yard and it is easy to dye too) so that it is durable yet comfortable and cool for baby. This is how it looks on When you put baby in the "pouch" this is where they fit for the craddle hold and also for the hip carry position. You can go to youtube and find instructions for different positions. Just search for baby carrier positions I hope that this blesses someone the way it has blessed me

No comments:

Post a Comment