Thursday, July 15, 2010

Meal Planning

Since we moved in and I'm having to feed a lot more people, I have taken up meal planning.  I don't know why I never did it before; looking back, that seems crazy and such a waste of time, not to mention the added stress of what to make for dinner 30 minutes before it's time to eat!  I would recommend meal planning to anyone that is the cook of the family.  And we really have no excuse these days, with the Internet and all and all the wonderful resources like blogs and free recipe sites.  Now it's easier for anyone with any cooking skills to learn new meals and cooking habits.  If you are not that good at cooking( you can cook some Kraft mac and cheese and that's about as good as it gets) then take some time and look at some of the links I have under meal planning.  These have helped me tremendously!  I hope to log all of the meals that I make each week, and this will not only help others, but it will help me to be consistent (which I have a real problem in:)  I will try to include picture when I can, and if it's something that I've never made before, I'll try and do a tutorial.  So get ready to gather round' the good stuff ( and no, I'm not talking about Pizza Hut, unless it's homemade:)

L/O is for leftovers

July

Week 2
Monday- Ground Turkey Stroganoff with Peas
Tuesday- Fish Tacos with Corn Salsa and Rice
Wednesday- L/O
Thursday- Healthy Italian Meatloaf with Mash Potatoes and Corn
Friday- Authentic Orange Chicken with Broccoli and Rice
Sat-L/O
Sunday-N/A


Week 3
Monday-Beef and Cabbage with Potato Pancakes and Steak Sauce gravy.
Tuesday-Grilled Tandori Chicken with Steamed California Blend Veggies and Basmati Rice
Wednesday-L/O
Thursday- Turkey Enchiladas with homemade sauce and Mexi Cornbread
Friday- Pizza
Saturday-L/O
Sunday- Crockpot?( not decided yet)

No comments:

Post a Comment