My mom and dad liked it a lot, and wanted to have it at least once a month. My hubby liked it too and with his mouth full, pointed to it and gave the thumbs up! My boys didn't like it as much as I thought they would, but maybe it was because of the lettuce that was all mixed up in their food?
Baked Taco Bowls
- non-stick cooking spray
- tortillaas (store bought or homemade, small or large size, we used the small ones)
- Medium sized oven safe bowl
Take your tortillas and lightly spray both sides of each tortilla with the cooking spray. Heat your toaster oven or oven to 400 degrees. Place tortilla in oven safe bowl and push down it down to the bottom of the bowl.
Taco Meat (Mom's secret recipe, which I altered a little bit)
- However much meat you want to cook ( I cooked about 1 1/2 lbs of ground beef)
- 1/2 Onion
- 1 T Cumin
Fresh Lime Salsa
- Roma tomatoes ( I used about 8 small ones)
- 1/4 Onion
- fresh Cilantro
- fresh Limes or Lime juice
Take your taco bowls and fill with whatever makes your heart content. Add fresh avocados, peppers, cheese, beans lettuce, salsa, sprouts, plain yogurt, or sour cream. Ole'
I linked this recipe to Tempt My Tummy Tuesdays over at Blessed with Grace. Check out her site, it has alot of good recipe links:)