Sunday, May 23, 2010

The Best Herbal Remedies Book!


My husband took me out for a "date" last night.  Our place of choice-Barnes and Nobles:)  We looked around for a good hour or so, and while I was over in the Alternative Medicine section I came upon this book.

It's put out by DK Publishers and it isTHE BEST book on this subject that I have found so far.  Why is it so great, you might be asking?  Well, because it is full of beautiful pictures, accurate resources and information and it is just plain simple to use!  It tells you the history of herbal medicine, the safety of herbs, how to make remedies, where to look for the plants, how to harvest them, how to store them on so much more.  It even tells you how much scientific research has been done on a certain plant. I have not found anything that comes close to how organized and simple this book is.  The main reason I like this book so much is that it is geared more towards the "visual learner", which I am totally.  Even if you are not interested in herbal remedies, just by glancing at it, you would learn something.  I was practically begging to get it and my husband could read the delight on my face, so he gave me a very sweet "yes" to my asking for it ;)

I realized after we got home, that I could have found this book on the internet for cheaper, but hey, you live and you learn.  This is a great site that I go to when looking for books on discount- fetchbooks.info. So far I have found every single book that I have looked for on this site. Anyways, just wanted to share my excitement with the rest of the world.


No comments:

Post a Comment