Friday, August 14, 2009

Back to blogging

Hi to all, It's been a very long time since I have posted anything new, maybe about 3 months or so. Well, I wasn't able to post much about us returning from the Philippines as I had planned on surprising my mom( which I did)and we were really busy preparing to leave. We returned June 13, and have just now gotten settled in. Let me tell ya, it is AWESOME to have a stove and a fridge!! You never know how much something is worth until you go without it! Just about everyday, I'm baking something that I have never baked, and I'm actually really enjoying it! I have also been doing some canning this year with the help of an encouraging older lady named Miss Fannie. She is a well of homemaking wisdom and she is happy to take me under her wing and teach me the ropes. She has made a name for herself in our area due to her cooking and homemaking skills. I wasn't able to take pictures of anything that we canned, but hopefully soon, I will start adding pics to all the new things I'm learning and doing in my home. In the near future, I'll be posting about baking(homemade pizza, granola, etc) and things to do with raw milk( yogurt, cream cheese, cottege chesse etc.) so keep checking back.

No comments:

Post a Comment